Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet Corn Festival

Saturday was proof that Iowa is all about corn. We went to the Sweet Corn Festival with some friends. It was quite the production watching the scouts unload crates of corn from a big semi into the boiling water and on down the procession line to the waiting crowd. It was almost like a ward party, except they were feeding half the state not just one ward :)

It was 97 degrees and I swear 100% humidity, but it was worth it because we were surrounded by all of Cole's favorite things: a parade filled with tractors, trucks, endless bouncy balls and loads of candy, followed by all you can eat sweet corn, and then blowup bouncers and a bugle toy as a prize...He was in heaven!

We only had our phones because my camera is not cooperating lately, so we only got a few pics:

Ben, Cole, Brady, Mylee, and Elise watching the parade
Cole devouring the free corn on the cob

4 comments:

allegra said...

sounds like the perfect summer day! now i want to go get me some yummy corn! you and ashley with your food posts are killing me 'cause now i'm just craving what i don't have right now:)

cole is too cute with his white-blond hair! love!

Elise said...

The corn festival was so fun! I'm glad you guys wanted to go. Hey, I need to give you some of the pictures I took. I hope your camera starts cooperating soon!

Jen said...

How fun! I think it would be so awesome to live in the land of corn! :)

family edge said...

Way to immerse yourselves in the culture!