Saturday, August 29, 2009

Round and round we go, when we'll stop nobody knows

We found out that there is an amazing park with a cute little carousel just a few minutes away from us! For Fun Friday this week we went to the Carousel Park in Des Moines. There were 3 playgrounds, a splash pad, and an old fashioned carousel that you can ride for only 50 cents. It was such a fun place. We rode the carousel 6 times, and Cole still screamed when I told him we were all done. All of the other kids were done after a couple of rides, but I think Cole could have ridden all day. Next year we'll have to get a season pass so he can ride to his hearts content.

Cole wanted to ride the "train" instead of the animals at first. Does this look like a train to anybody else?

I finally got him on a horse that went up and down, it took him a minute before he decided he liked it.

Cole and his buddy Ben, followed by Cole checking out Mylee :)

4 comments:

family edge said...

OHHH - I had to laugh at my cute little buddy. Nice train! I was wondering why he loved the carousel. He wasn't on any of the up and down one's at first. :) It's almost hard to look at pictures of him - he is getting so BIG and I'm not there to see him. :(

allegra said...

tearsa, can i just say that i laugh every time i pull up your blog and see that photo in your header of cole and the mascara? i LOVE it! and somehow, you'd think after 10 times of pulling up your blog, it wouldn't be funny anymore, but the laughs still come out for some reason:)

everything is a "train" to a little boy. that is cute. love that kid. Max STILL asks everyday when we're going on the train (i.e. the boston subways). i have to tell him that we're lucky to drive around now! and he cries.... lovely.

send me your address when you get it so that i can send off your little miss something pretty!

Ashley said...

Oooh, Mylee's a cutie, he has excellent taste :) So glad to see you've met some people you like to hang out with, it makes a big difference!

Elise said...

What cute pictures! I love them. I think we need to do some picture sharing because I think I have some that you might want, too. We love Cole!!