Friday, May 18, 2012

Bandaids Gone Wrong

I smashed my thumb today and Ellie said "I'll get you a bandaid" and ran away excitedly. I told her I didn't need one because I wasn't bleeding, but I guess she had already gotten one and didn't want it to go to waste...so she put it in the most logical place-her hair! She was pretty proud of herself.


I knew it was going to be painful  to get out and I didn't have the heart to put her through that so I left it in all day. We got a lot of concerned looks and people asking what happened. I'm sure people were wondering what kind of a mother puts a bandaid in her little girls hair. 
I finally braved it at bedtime when I put her in the bath and washed her hair. The soap made it a little easier, but she was pretty upset to put it mildly.
Sometimes life's lessons can be pretty rough. I just hope she learned from this one and it doesn't happen in the future!

No comments: