Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Underpants

Cole got Thomas underwear for Christmas. He has asked to wear his "underpants" every day since, but refused to go to the bathroom on the toilet. We finally had a breakthrough today and Cole got to wear his underpants! One pair wasn't good enough though, he had to wear all 3. He chose to wear them on his head and his arm, I had nothing to do with that.



Here is the brief version of our potty training morning:
10:00 Peed on the bathroom rug
10:03 Peed on the carpet
10:10 Peed on the toilet
10:11 Refused his diaper
10:15 Peed on the toilet again
10:17 Got his Thomas underwear!!
10:20 Got his "Susan" movie
10:22 Peed his pants
10:24 Bath #2
10:30 Peed in the toilet
10:33 Got his Tractor pullups
10:45 Tractors disappeared (peed in pullup)
10:50 Peed on toilet
10:52 Asked for regular diaper (I would want a diaper too if I peed 8 times an hour!)

I thought we had a break through today, but I guess it was just practice. I'm not sure I'm ready for him to be potty trained anyway. We'll wait until his bladder gets a little bigger and try again.

4 comments:

The Robot Writes said...

Oh man, that sounds like a 'want to pull your hair out' Mom moment. I must admit it made me laugh though. Cole is a darling kid-good luck with the potty training.

Tara said...

golly those are fun times! Been there, done that. We tried a bit early with Liv too and she clearly wasn't ready. There's always next time ;) Your header pic is so darling!!

Allie said...

oh bless you... potty training can and is the most stressful thing for a mommy and toddler. Good-luck!

The Coombs' said...

Wow, you weren't kidding he pees every 2 minutes!