Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ice Storm

Where the heck did we move to? I would say it's just a little south of the North Pole. We woke up this morning to freezing rain. I thought that rain would be a nice break from the snow, but I didn't realize that because it's so cold here the rain immediately turns to ice. Ben's school was closed, again, because everything here is covered in ice.

Our apartment was covered in a layer of ice:

Even the bushes looked like ice sculptures


Our car was one big car-shaped sheet of ice

I'm not complaining though, because we got an unexpected day with Ben! And he was home to see Ellie role over from her stomach to her back for the very first time! Thank you Iowa.

6 comments:

allegra said...

i'm glad it's not cold enough here in seattle for the rain to freeze, otherwise we'd all be so iced over we'd be dead by now. crazy! but glad it got you an unexpected day with the hubs. love those days!

family edge said...

Cute family picture! I should have pulled up the blinds. You can see the slats from the blinds.

The Coombs' said...

That is so crazy! We never really had that in Montana, just freakin' cold. At least Ben got to hang out. And way to go Ellie!!!

Ashley said...

Dude, why doesn't your blog come through my reader? Hmm...here I was thinking you never updated, turns out I just wasn't getting the memo.

You like those ice storms? Very deceiving. I remember after our first one, I pulled out of the driveway and couldn't figure out why I was sliding down the entire street. Then another morning we woke up and there was ice all over the hinges of our doors on the INSIDE! We paid a nice hefty heating bill that month.

Stay Warm!

Tearsa said...

Sorry, our blog is private so it doesn't show you when we update. I know, it's annoying. You're just going to have to check it everyday to see if I posted :)

The Robot Writes said...

I have never seen such a thing! Looks like you've had a pretty rough winter. I hope it gets warm soon.