Monday, September 21, 2009

One Last Hoorah (AKA Howell's Pumpkin Patch)

I've been pretty lazy lately, being 9 mo pregnant and all, so Cole and I have been taking it easy. I started feeling like the worst mom, depriving my child of all the fun because I didn't want to do anything that took energy. So, thanks to Jamie, Friday I caved and we went to Howell's Pumpkin Patch with the group for one last adventure before the baby. It was too early to pick our own pumpkins, so we didn't take the tractor ride to the field/corn maze...but there was still a ton to do.

There were small farm animals everywhere: goats, bunnies, ducks, etc. Cole was brave (with Mindy by his side) and hand fed the cute little goats wandering around.

There was a whole row of tractors to play on...so of course Cole was in heaven!



There were cute little wagons for the pumpkins, but the kids loved them too.
Cole used them to get to the girls:

Here he is taking the twins Kylie and Kaitlyn for a ride...followed by him sneaking a smooch for Adalee :)


Cole and Rykker had a ball playing in the pumpkin wagons...

a swingin' time on the horses...

and didn't want to leave the messy sand box filled with corn. (Note that Rykker's pants and Cole's shoes used to be blue and are now white)

There were the cutest tractor bikes, and Cole's legs could actually reach the pedals! But he decided it was easier just to pull it :)


It was such a fun place and Cole had a hey day the whole time. What could be better than animals, tractors, wagons and lots of dirt & dust? It was little boy heaven. I'm really glad that we were able to have one last hoorah for Cole before baby sister comes and his life is turned upside down.

3 comments:

Tara said...

What a little cutie that Cole is! I love his short hair! You are so awesome for getting out and doing something fun before the baby comes. I did that too-I got a little stir crazy and knew I'd be cooped up! So we went to the zoo a few days before Daphne was born!

I can't wait to see this beautiful little girl-wish it was in person though. Good luck with the delivery!

allegra said...

max is still awake, and he's SO jealous of the tractors. SO jealous he's flipping out looking at these pictures:) kind of funny. glad you had a good time. i am getting so excited to see pics of the babe!! i'm jealous you're almost done with your pregnancy. i feel like i've been pregnant for awhile, and it has just barely started. oh boy.

xo legs

Elise said...

Oh, I wish we could've made it to fun friday. It sounds like a fun time!