Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Part 3: Cole's 4th Birthday

Saturday was Cole's 4th birthday, so I thought deserved it's own post.
First of all we went to the National Zoo, which we came to find out was practically animal-less. We saw a few animals, but it was so sweltering hot that if the animals were outside they were asleep in a shady corner so they were hard to see. These pictures are basically the only animals that we saw. We did a lot of walking and not much animal viewing, but Cole wanted to go to the zoo so we did :)


What Cole really wanted to do on his birthday was open his presents :) We went back to the hotel and tortured him by making him wait to open his presents until after we sang "Happy Birthday" to him and he blew out his candles.

He finally got to open his presents: a Transformer, helicopter, and dinosaur puzzle from mom and dad; a space shuttle, airport magnet book, and lace cards from Grandma and Grandpa Coombs. And while Cole was busy opening presents, Elise snuck over to his cake and sampled an entire corner :)



We decided to stay out of the heat and take Cole to a movie for the rest of his birthday. He loves going to movies but we rarely get to go. We saw "Cars 2" and we all loved it! Ellie got a little restless, but as long as she had a treat to snack on she was fine.


I hope you had a fun birthday Cole bud. I love you and love every minute I get to spend with you! You are such a sweet and loving boy, always giving me hugs and kisses and telling me you love me. My heart melts when I see you play with your sister; you two are best friends! I love that you want to be just like your Daddy and do everything that he does. You are so smart, reading three letter words already. You have an amazing imagination and can make believe anything and everything. You are a friendly boy who makes friends everywhere we go. Now that you are 4 years old you think you can do everything by yourself, but I know that you will always be my little boy. I love you through and through and I am so glad that you are mine!!

No comments: