Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pioneer Pasttimes

I love that the Nauvoo Temple is our temple! 
There is so much to do and learn on our temple trips. I love that my kids get to learn about the pioneers and have a ton of fun doing it!! 
We made the trek to Nauvoo today and while Ben was in the temple the kids and I visited the Pioneer Pastimes. The kids had a ton of fun playing in the little log cabins and with the pioneer toys. 



My phone battery died soon after getting there, so only a few pics. After an hour there it started to rain buckets so I took the kids to the bakery for a cookie and then to the arrival center to wait out the rain, but Ben was a good daddy and took the kids to a few more places while I was in the temple. The kids had so much fun, they asked to go back tomorrow :) 
It was a perfect day: fun and spiritual all wrapped into one! We are so blessed to live so close to this amazing place.

No comments: