Saturday, March 29, 2014

I Love To See The Temple

We were able to go to the Nauvoo Temple today!!
It's the first time we have been here since we moved to Illinois. The last time we came was three years ago and the kids don't even remember it. 

We got there a little early so we went down to the Mississippi River where the Saints crossed to head West to show the kids where I was baptized. It was fun for me to reminisce and the kids were shocked I was baptized in a muddy river :)




We spent a wonderful day at the temple. It was our ward temple trip so we spent the first part in the Arrival Center watching all the kids while others went to a session, then we swapped. It was the first time we were able to see the new video. It was amazing! I felt the spirit so strongly and learned so much! It was so peaceful and spiritually strengthening. I wish we could go every weekend! We will definitely have to make a greater effort to come back to this beautiful place.

No comments: