Monday, October 14, 2013

Roughin' It

Ben has a week of vacation!! Yay! And Cole had today off of school as well, so the guys thought it would be a good idea to go camping. Yeah, it's October. And they thought it would be fun to go camping. I thought it sounded could and it would be fun for Ben and Cole to have father-son time, but Ellie didn't want to miss out on the fun so they all guilted me into going too :) 

We made it to our campsite right at sunset. Ben and Cole set up the tent and started up a fire. We had yummy tinfoil dinners that the kids devoured. Then we roasted marshmallows! 
The boys loved the camping ambiance...Ellie and I enjoyed cuddling to stay warm :)

We had a fun night as a family. It was so nice to have no tv or phones or any electronics and just be together as a family! We had a lot of fun...until Dax decided he did not want to sleep in a freezing tent and decided to scream at the top of his lungs. I ended up driving around the woods so he would sleep in his car seat. Yeah, camping is so much fun!!

 Everyone else had a blast though and I'm so glad we went. Dax loved the dirt and the fire. I love this pic of Dax helping Ben stoke the fire by blowing on it :) He is all boy and I love it!
I may not have been exciting about this camping trip, but I have to admit that it ended up being a super fun family outing...most of the time :)


No comments: