Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Holy Ghost

Cole has always been very sensitive and aware of emotions. He gets really worried when anyone cries and loves to make everyone else laugh. Well, I am also very sensitive and I cry...a lot...even when I'm not sad.
The other day I was reading a conference talk and I started crying. Cole asked me why I was so sad and why the scriptures make me sad. I thought this would be the perfect time to talk to him about the Holy Ghost and how I feel the spirit. So I told him that I wasn't sad, but when I feel the Holy Ghost I cry. I told him I was the opposite of sad. The Holy Ghost makes me feel good inside and at peace, and sometimes I cry when I am happy.
I thought I was making perfect sense and that Cole was understanding. Then he said "Mom, remember the other day when I hurt my foot? I felt the Holy Ghost and cried too." So much for my logic. Now Cole thinks that the Holy Ghost hurts and makes him cry!
Motherhood is a tricky business.

3 comments:

Elise said...

This made me laugh! He is so cute. Yes, motherhood can really be tricky!

allegra said...

oh Tearsa, i just read you're pregnant!!! Congrats, how exciting!! :)

I thought this post was adorable. It made me smile.

I cry a lot too. In fact, I just called Dan SOBBING on the phone b/c I was a victim of road rage just barely picking up Max from preschool. I passed some guy and he got pissed for no reason then started yelling profanities at me and trowing his hands in the air and then FOLLOWING me everywhere I was driving. I didn't want to drive home b/c I didn't want the crazy to know where I lived. Insane huh?!? Psycho people out there.

Anyway, that was a random thought I just had to vent. haha!

allegra said...

throwing not trowing:)