Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Things That He Thinks


Cole is always saying things that catch me off guard. Sometimes they are random, sometimes they are sweet, sometimes they are deep for a 3 yr old, but they are always funny to me. I thought I would share a few:

When we were in Utah Grandma Coombs asked Cole if he did something and he said "Yes I didn't." It threw her off for a sec and then she started laughing hysterically. He also says "willn't" instead of "won't". If you think about it, willn't makes a lot more sense than won't.

Cole was eating a piece of licorice one day when I asked him to help me look for something. He replied "It's not in my licorice. I don't know where it is!" and he gave up looking.

Cole was playing with Daddy one day when he chomped at him and said "I got your attention" like it was something he could bite off.

Me: "Cole you have a big boogie in your nose"
Cole: "It's sticky, let's just leave it
Me: "Here's a tissue"
Cole: "I don't need it. I'm just dancing"

One day at preschool Cole's teacher asked him what animals he would have if he had a farm. Cole said he would have turtles. The other kids all said cows, horses, and dogs. Cole stuck with turtles. I have to admit I agree that a turtle farm would be more fun than horses and cows.

Cole was at a friends house one day when he picked up a book and said "I'm taking this home. You have too many toys!" This of course made his friend protest so Cole said "Since I can't take anything else can I have some candy?"

Ben and Cole were watching trains on Youtube one day. They saw a clip where a train crashed into a semi truck and totally smashed it and a nearby sign. Cole said "Oh no, the sign!" Who cares about the semi and the person driving, the sign is ruined!

Out of the blue Cole said "I really missed you mommy!" I asked "When buddy?" since I had been with him all day. He replied "At bedtime. While you were sleeping. I love you mommy." What a sweet boy!

Cole asked me one morning very seriously "Is this crazy?" Both his shirt and pants were on backwards and he wasn't sure if it was cool or not :)

Cole: "Bugs are stinky. We don't eat bugs, huh mommy."
Me: "Nope. We do not eat bugs. That would be yucky."
Cole: "Yeah. We just eat frogs."

"Thanks for making this yummy dinner Mommy. It's delicious." He says this often but hardly ever actually eats his dinner. Go figure. Maybe I should try feeding him something gross...like frogs :)

"Where's Daddy?" Ben has been going to school every day for the last year and a half and Cole asks me this almost every day.

Cole doesn't like to be told he's cute. "I'm not cute, I'm cool" he will say.

At bedtime one night Cole hid his face from Ben and said "No kisses Daddy!" He then looked at me and said "You can give me lots of kisses Mommy, you're not prickly like Daddy."

"After dinner I want to get my blood dropped" meaning he wanted to get his blood drawn. This kid has been through a lot if this is what he wants to do!

The other day Cole said "Thanks for cleaning the couch Mommy! I like you to clean all day every day." At least I'm good for something.

Cole: "I want to drive to Mini Apples (Minneapolis) to see the Legos at the Mall of the United States of the America (Mall of America).
Me: "Or, should we fly to Disneyland?" (Wishful thinking, but it was a fun thought)
Cole: "We can't fly, we don't have wings. Maybe I can call my friends the pteranadons."
If only.

The other day Cole said "What an imagination" to me. It's even more funny because I have no imagination compared to him. I don't know where he gets his ideas, but I'm glad that he does. We have a lot of fun around here!

2 comments:

Elise said...

SO funny and cute. We miss our little friend Cole.

allegra said...

I wonder where he gets his cute spunk and personality from....:) From the one and only! Miss you beeeza!