Monday, August 23, 2010

Carousel

Cole has been begging me to go to the carousel at Union Park downtown Des Moines. I finally took him and he refused to sit on the animals. He stayed on the bench the entire time:
Elise sat on the zebra and a horse and danced to the music, but Cole still refused to get off the bench.


I decided that we would try it again, but this time with friends. Cole finally got on a horse by Rykker, but he still a little nervous
I thought I would try having him ride with El, but it made him even more upset
He seemed to think it was fun when he was by his girlfriends Morgan and Katelyn though :)

He finally decided he liked it...when everyone else was all done :)
Once again, Elise was happy to sit on the animals and dance to the music

It started raining on us so we ate lunch at the covered pavilion. We figured we were already wet from the rain, so we might as well get even more wet and play in the splash pad at the park
The rain didn't stop Cole from enjoying the playground either

I love the summers here in Iowa. There is so much to do and see.
I wish summer would last all year long!

1 comment:

family edge said...

You guys have the best parks! It was so fun to see where you guys live and hang out with you. Glad you're having fun. So funny about Cole and the carousel. He did that at the zoo in slc too. Funny kid!